Tuesday, October 16, 2007

It's A Mall World, All Right...

I swear! What is up with this generation?
Alot of places I look, I see girls my age that are trying to dress like they're already seniors, putting on five pounds of makeup on their faces, flirting with every single guy in every single class as well as their boyfriend of the moment (who knows? in a week they'll just have another one, right?) . Don't get me started on fake eyelashes! *shudder* I honestly think those things are just fuzzy little caterpillars glued to your eyes... Oh yeah, and the "Hm, showing my underwear hanging out of my Abercrombie jeans makes me look hot!"
I'm not saying that's the case with EVERY girl. I only said alot of places I look. And it's pretty scary. The girls and guys who have no idea with what's going on around you, or pretend to impress other people, are going to grow up to be voting, driving, drinking! They're more obsessed with celebrities, who's dating who, backstabbing, what's "in" and what "isn't", and "getting back at that ____".
Tell me, when will ANY of this matter in college or in the real world? Will it matter if ONE PERSON rejected you on Myspace, you DIDN'T get that fifty dollar shirt from Hollister, or that you COULDN'T get an SUV for your Sweet 16 in college? (SUVs scare me, to be honest....gas guzzling pieces of crap!) Will it matter in real life? I highly doubt it (unless that shirt from Hollister is one of only 3 shirts you own or something like that...)
I highly doubt it will.


I honestly think alot of the guys and gals in my generation need to GET OVER THEMSELVES. Look, calling yourself an "Alpha" or a "Goddess", making a clique, acting like you are above everyone (including those much more mature than yourself)...this is a wake up call. None of this matter in the real world! No one really cares!

No comments: